Residential Solar Installation Checklist
The following is a basic informative checklist for obtaining a Solar Installation permit. This covers a majority of the permitting process and submittal requirements. However additional information may be requested for approval depending on the size and/or complexity of the project.
- 3 sets of plans a minimum of 11”x 17” will be required for submittal. Plans can be submitted electronically, however larger plans may also require paper copies to be submitted. Submittals must be sent to The Community Development Department at 300 W 4th Street, Craig CO, 81625 or email@example.com.
- The Craig/Moffat County Building Department will be responsible for plan review and inspections including, but not limited to, racking systems, fire access setbacks, wind zones, snow and wind loads, existing roof structure, etc. A separate electrical permit will be required from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Division of Professions & Occupations, as we defer all electrical permits, plan reviews, and inspections to the state. They will be responsible for reviewing and inspecting the electrical portion of the project. Approval from the state will be required prior to issuing a Building Permit.
- Plans must include a site plan and details showing the location of:
* Dimensions & clearances around all equipment
* Firefighter access paths per the 2018 IFC (typically 36”)
* Existing roof vents, penetrations, etc.
* Existing roof structure (if roof mounted)
* Design Criteria
* Location & description of all safety & disconnect labeling
* Panel locations, amperages and all necessary line diagrams
Note: The state may require additional information to acquire an electrical permit.